Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not an explanation

I have had many thoughts and made many promises to myself regarding this blog over the past few months.

To make a post with some substance behind it, to delete it, to completely change it. Obviously none of that has happened.

This week marks the first time in a long time that I have been bored for more than a few hours. I have always hated interterm at Chapman. It is too long, and since "school is in session" I can't work full time at my job. Then I get bored, then I either get another job or an internship and get incredibly busy. I have repeated this process for five years. At least this is the last one.

I am graduating soon. I remember telling people I was going to school an extra year. It was always met with a hearty laugh, then an "Oh wait? You're serious?"
I don't hate learning, I hate school. I hate that I have to do things I don't want to do. The only relevant part of class is that I'll get a degree and a degree will get me a better job. People say they hate the requirements but enjoy the major classes, but what if you know you aren't going to use your major?

I am very blessed to have gone to college, but that doesn't mean I enjoyed class. People keep telling me to count my blessings that I am still in school. I count my blessings that I can afford school, but not that I'm still in it. Getting a job is something that has never worried me.

Working is what I do. I love family, and I love working.

I think if someone knows me, not the bullshit but the real thing, they know I'm alright. I am always alright.

No comments: